touchtennis & pizza
Time & Location
About the Event
What is touchtennis?
Touchtennis is played on a small court similar to a badminton court. Using small rackets and a special touchtennis ball it's all about out-manoeuvring your opponent.
How do you play?
Scoring is very similar to tennis but see below for the a few differences.
- Only ONE serve is permitted in touchtennis. A serve is still not volleyed back by the returner.
- Once the server tosses the ball upward to serve then that player is obliged to hit it. You throw it, HIT IT! Or you lose one of your serves
- No Let Rule – if the ball clips the net and then lands in the correct service box (diagonal to the server) then that ball is considered "in play"
- If your serve hits your opponent without bouncing then it is a fault UNLESS they are touching the service line or are inside the service box when the ball hits them in which case the server wins the point.
- If the racquet leaves your hand in order to make a shot, then that shot will still count so long as your racquet does not fly over the net on to your opponents side of the court;
- If once you are disarmed and you have made a shot with your racquet throw, then you may continue that rally with your body parts! Note though, that you MUST have made the shot prior to this with a racquet that was NOT in your hand and thrown to make it
- Grunting – it is recommended that you grunt during play as it is known to distract your opponent!
The format will hopefully be as follows but is dependant on numbers.
- Singles: Round Robin - Semi-finals - Final
- Doubles: Round Robin
- Team: 1 Singles 1 doubles for each play
Post Tournament Food
Afterwards we are going to order Pizza so please ensure you inform us of any allergies or dietary needs.
- Entry Ticket£15£150£0